Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New Product Review: Colgate Optic White

Whitening Toothpaste - Colgate Optic White

I decided that I would not write a review of this toothpaste until I used an entire tube.  So for the last month and a half, I brushed three times per day and did not use any other whitening products. I am a sucker for new toothpaste - especially those which promise a brighter smile. With it's slick packaging and advertising, "The Hottest Thing in Whitening has Arrived" - I was anxious to start brushing! This new toothpaste contains 1% hydrogen peroxide and promises whiter teeth in one week. Well, the verdict is in and I am not impressed. After six weeks of diligent use,  my teeth look exactly the same.  This is quite disappointing, considering that a white strip produces noticeable results in just five minutes. Another negative is that it comes in only one flavor - wintergreen,  which Colgate calls, "Sparkling Mint".